If you require more than one document translating, there is a chance that a proportion of the text in both files will be similar, if not identical. As you have more and more content translated, the likelihood of this happening increases, especially when translating product descriptions, technical factsheets, web pages, or instruction manuals which can contain significant amounts of repeated text.
You don’t want to pay for the translation of repeated text every time as this will slow down your project, increase costs and also reduce the accuracy and consistency of your results. This is where the use of translation memory will help.
With translation memory, every time we translate a document, we store the translated text in a database, as individual sentences. This means that the next time we translate for you, we will reuse existing translated text we have from previous assignments, thereby improving quality, consistency and speeding up the translation process.
The three benefits of using translation memory are:
- It will significantly reduce your overall translation cost and the saving will be clearly shown in our quotations.
- If there is a substantial amount of repeated content, the translation memory will also speed up the process, allowing us to offer significantly quicker turnaround times.
- It will ensure the same terminology is used in every translation, therefore improving the quality of our translations even more, protecting your brand identity and increasing customer satisfaction.
If you have translated content but do not have a translation memory, align plus (part of the translation memory system i plus) will create this for you from your existing materials. This automated process will mean that you receive all of the benefits of using translation memory immediately, rather than having to wait to build up your database of terms over time.
Our automated process supports a wide range of file types and can be tailored to meet your exact requirements. Your translation memory will then be analysed in conjunction with your unique glossary and style guide by our localisation professionals to ensure it is fits perfectly with your brand’s identity.
- Faster and less costly creation of memories from legacy content
- Enables cost savings by re-using existing content
- Higher translation quality through consistent use of terminology
- Re-use existing localised content
- Creates database of translated phrases
- Applied to a wide range of file formats
- Fine-tuned by a localisation professional
- Reduce your overall costs
- Speed up delivery times
- Improve accuracy and consistency
- Extract savings from legacy content