translate plus provide a range of solutions to assist with what are often seen as either the “outer edges” of a localisation process, or as standalone requirements: content creation and publishing.
Our cloud-based i plus® platform supports template-based authoring and CMS functionality for those clients who require it. Using customisable forms for adding and editing content, in any language, metadata such as creator details and time-stamps can be captured automatically, while client-specific fields can be defined for entering custom content, including associated images. Real-time previewing can be enabled and text entry can be configured for limited character counts. Workflows can be configured based on customisable user permissions and roles.
As you might expect, our localisation expertise means that requesting the translation of content authored in i plus is a one-click process, supporting the seamless integration of translation memory and, if required, automatic translation.
Many authors prefer to work in the familiar environment of Microsoft Word – which is where our i plus app for Microsoft Word can help: client-specific style sheets can be configured, so that an author – or authoring team manager – can validate a document against the style sheet, to automatically check for conformance with structural or branding rules. For example, if all topic titles must be styled as Heading 1, or only certain fonts are permitted, the app can highlight any non-conforming sections of text, with recommendation comments on what needs fixing. The app also enables a user to check terms against a corporate glossary.
When it comes to publishing content, i plus can output to any format you require, such as DITA, custom XML, .properties, .txt, RTF, HTML and more, at the click of a button. You can publish only selected content, or all content, either on-demand or at a scheduled time (e.g. every morning), in one or more languages, to a range of output locations, including the i plus virtual data room, our FTP site, your FTP site, as a zipped e-mail attachment, or anywhere accessible via the Internet, including secure and password-protected locations.
- Cloud-based i plus platform
- Support template-based authoring and CMS functionality
- Customisable forms for adding and editing content, in any language
- Real-time previewing can be enabled
- Text entry can be configured for limited character counts
- Complete control with customisable user permissions and roles
- Streamlined workflow: translation of content authored in i plus is a one-click process
- High quality, with seamless integration of translation memory
- Choice of authoring platforms
- Flexibility as i plus can output to any format you require