Our clients work in a wide range of environments where the ability to integrate translation and authoring services can make a significant difference to productivity and cost savings.
For example, if you primarily work in Microsoft Word all day and want to securely request translation of one or more documents, you may prefer to simply click a button and submit the request from within Word, rather than logging on to the i plus website and uploading the request.
Or, as a technical writer, you may want to validate the current document against your corporate style guide, to ensure conformance with branding or structural guidelines.
- translate plus have developed apps for the Microsoft Office suite, to help you do just that. In addition to submitting translation requests and benefiting from authoring tools in your familiar working environment, you can also view the status of translation projects, carry out terminology look-ups in your corporate glossary, and more.
- For engineers and others who use AutoCAD and MicroStation, translation may not be a key consideration during the design of circuit diagrams, industrial plants, automotive engineering parts or 3D architecture models, but if you are tendering for a large project where another language will be required, you may suddenly be faced with needing to localise annotations, attributes and multiline text boxes across thousands of drawings. That’s where our CAD plus plug-in comes into its own: this easy-to-use app allows you to export and import text content in a way which is fully compatible with translation memory technology, even handling the automatic scaling of text sizes and font substitution where required.
- CorelDRAW is a graphics editing and desktop publishing application which, in our view, is not well supported by traditional translation memory systems. Using our CorelDRAW app, users can achieve all the benefits of translation memory via an “interchange format” approach, equivalent to Adobe InDesign’s INX/IDML workflow. This removes any need for time-consuming and error-prone copy-and-paste, freeing up more time for translation and typesetting.
- We are currently creating i plus apps designed for mobile devices running iOS, Android and Windows 8, to reflect the growing demand from our customers who want to be able to keep track of their translation project status and other key information on the move, whether using an iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet, Windows Phone, Surface or other mobile device. More details will be available shortly.
- Work with Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 and 2013/365
- Work with AutoCAD 2009 through to AutoCAD 2014
- Work with CorelDRAW versions 7.0 through to X6 (16.0).
- Integrate translation memory, authoring support and real-time project status into the environments you need
- Save time and money by avoiding copy-and-paste for translation
- Access real-time project information in the way that's easiest for you
- Enjoy all the benefits of translation memory, even in formats not traditionally supported by memory tools
- Prevent non-compliant source text and inconsistent terminology from slipping into documents authored in Microsoft Office