For engineers and others who use AutoCAD and MicroStation, translation may not be a key consideration during the design of circuit diagrams, industrial plants, automotive engineering parts or 3D architecture models, but if you are tendering for a large project where another language will be required, you may suddenly be faced with needing to localise annotations, attributes and multiline text boxes across thousands of drawings.
That’s where our CAD plus plug-in comes into its own: this easy-to-use app allows you to export and import text content in a way which is fully compatible with translation memory technology.
The CAD plus functionality appears under a separate ribbon tab, meaning that the functionality is just a click away.
- Batch-export and import thousands of files together, to save hours which would otherwise be spent copying and pasting
- Enable translators who do not have CAD software to safely localise your content without the risk of breaking the design, data or layout aspects of your drawings
- Filter content export by layer: for example, extracting content for translation only from layers matching one or more specific names
- Automatically generate PDFs which can act as reference for translators
- Option to import all translated text into an automatically created new layer: ideal if you want to have multiple translation layers in a single drawing, toggling visibility for different-language users
- Set options on import to automatically substitute fonts: for example, if your source font does not support the target-language character set
- Set options to auto-scale text on import to minimise the need to manually adjust TEXT and MTEXT heights and widths where text has become longer during translation
- Version utility to batch-save drawings in different .dwg versions (e.g. AutoCAD 2007 to AutoCAD 2013 format)