Post-editing of machine translation is already changing the landscape of the translation industry. The rapid shift to AI and machine translation (MT) has increased demand for a new set of skills and experience for all language practitioners working in the field.
On Friday 30 October (11:00 AM – 12:00 PM GMT), translate plus Linguistic Resources Team Manager, Rayna Damyanova, will be hosting a webinar via CIOL’s platform, to discuss the different aspects of post-editing in machine translation (PEMT) projects and how today’s linguists can adapt to these hybrid and AI-driven changes.
In the webinar, we’ll look at:
- The types of MT engines that currently exist out there
- The benefits and limitations of rule-based MT technology vs. statistical MT technology
- The role of the language professional in the post-editing process
- The different layers of post-editing and what they entail
- How to manage client expectations when working on MT projects
As part of CIOL’s webinar series, the webinar is free to everyone. To join, please register via this link.
The Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL) is the pre-eminent UK-based professional membership body for language practitioners. It aims to enhance recognition and also promote the value of languages and language skills in the public interest through a wide range of online resources, workshops, trainings, qualifications, events and webinars.
For more information, please visit the CIOL website.