Translation Project Manager (German speaking)(London (N1))
Translate Plus Limited is a fast-growing, award-winning language services and technology company. We are part of Prodigious, Publicis Groupe’s cross-media production platform. Prodigious brings together specialist production expertise in video, digital and print, producing and delivering brand content across all channels for top global brands.
How can we best describe Project Management? Project Management at translate plus is a very diverse job. You will be dealing with a variety of interesting projects, both in the UK and internationally, such as translations, interpreting assignments, voice-over recordings, subtitling, etc. We basically deal with any language service which our clients require and that means that no project is like the other and therefore life here is never boring. Furthermore, you will be dealing with the whole project cycle which means the success of each project is in your hands.
It is a challenging role which requires common sense, taking pleasure in being busy and enjoying multi-tasking to complete all tasks in hand. Also, good computer literacy is key and you should be eager to strengthen and develop your personal and technical skills. One of the most important attributes you can bring to this role is to stay calm when times are busy. The translation industry is very vibrant and often things happen all at once which is exactly what makes it exciting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning, scheduling and monitoring translation projects
- Management, sourcing and co-ordination of translators, file engineers and desktop publishing specialists
- Sourcing suitable translators and other language professionals
- Proofreading and QA-checking of translations
- Effective communication with clients, linguists and colleagues to ensure customer satisfaction
Skills and experience required:
- Native level German skills
- Educated to degree level
- Experience from a similar role within the language industry
- Strong oral and written English skills
- Excellent computer literacy with an understanding of CAT-tools
- Linguistic skills with the ability to assess quality and completeness of translations in any language
- Being able to multitask, prioritise and stay calm under pressure
- Taking pride in delivering a high-quality service
It would be a bonus, but not a must, if you have one or more of the following criteria:
- Experienced user of Trados, incl. Multiterm, XBench and other functions
- Experience in creating glossaries
What makes us different? translate plus has a culture of hard-work and fun which is created by the fantastic group of people we have working here. Everybody is very welcoming and helpful, especially when times are busy. To help support this, our office is always stocked with tea and coffee and with our weekly fruit deliveries you can enjoy a healthy snack as well. Once a month everybody enjoys a breakfast together and every Friday afternoon we open our fridge for everybody to enjoy a cold drink in order to welcome the weekend. Always entertaining are our pizza, ice-cream or Friday plus events which pop up from time to time. Staff also enjoy a number of great benefits. We are part of the government’s Bike2Work as well as childcare voucher scheme. We also operate a loyalty plus scheme which gives you more and more perks from year to year. By far the most popular one is the additional loyalty plus holidays scheme.
This is, of course, the fun side of translate plus. As a fast-growing and very ambitious company there are also a lot of career progression possibilities for anybody who wants to progress and build a career within translation. We like to promote from within and many long serving members of staff have made their way from starting as a Project Coordinator (or even intern) to becoming a Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Assistant Team Manager, Team Manager, etc. We provide a lot of tailored training and if you are up for it we want to make you our next success story!
If you can’t wait to become the next member of our successful team, please contact us now – we’re looking forward to hearing from you!