Transcreation Project Manager(London)
translate plus is a fast-growing, award-winning language services and technology company. We are part of Publicis Groupe’s cross-media production platform (Publicis Production), which brings together specialist production expertise in video, digital media and print, producing and delivering brand content across all channels for top global brands.
We are currently looking to recruit a Transcreation Project Manager.
Project Management at translate plus is a very diverse and interesting role. You will be dealing with a variety of projects for international clients, such as written translations, interpreting assignments, voice-over recordings, subtitling and more. We handle any language service our clients require, so no two clients are the same, which means life at translate plus is never boring. Furthermore, you will be dealing with the whole project cycle which means the success of each project is in your hands.
You need to show common sense, have a “can do” attitude, enjoy a busy environment and be adept at multi-tasking. Also, good computer literacy is key and you should be eager to strengthen and develop your personal and technical skills. One of the most important attributes you can bring to this role is to stay calm when times are busy. The translation industry is very deadline-driven and often things happen simultaneously, which is exactly what makes it so fast-paced and exciting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Receiving transcreation/translation projects from clients
- Analysing the transcreation/translation projects (word count, languages, file type etc.)
- Preparing translation packages
- Sourcing and co-ordination of translators, file engineers and desktop publishing specialists
- Effective communication with clients, linguists and colleagues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Proofreading and QA-checking of translations
Skills and experience required for Transcreation Project Manager:
- Strong oral and written English skills
- Educated to degree level (ideally in translation studies or languages in general)
- Experience from a similar role within the language industry
- Excellent computer literacy
- Linguistic skills with the ability to assess quality and completeness of translations in any language
- Being able to multi-task, prioritise and stay calm under pressure
- Taking pride in delivering a high-quality service
It would be a bonus, but not a must, if you have one or more of the following criteria:
- Previous use of CAT tools, including Trados Studio, XBench, Transit or other applications
What we offer:
- Career progression possibilities
- Training tailored to your needs
- Holiday increase
- Weekly fruit and drink deliveries and a monthly breakfast
- Game nights, team-building and parties
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
If you can’t wait to become the next member of our successful team, please contact us now!
Please note that we receive a very large number of applications. We aim to get back to you as soon as possible should you be invited for an interview. If you are not invited for an interview at this stage, your application will be saved for the future. We apologise that we cannot e-mail you individually in that case.