Translate Plus Limited is a fast-growing, award-winning language services and technology company. We are part of Publicis Groupe’s cross-media production platform, which brings together specialist production expertise in video, digital media and print, producing and delivering brand content across all channels for top global brands.
In 2021 translate plus was ranked by leading industry analyst Common Sense Advisory as the world’s seventh-largest translation company, #3 in Europe and #2 in the UK.
At translate plus we value the health and wellbeing of our employees and we offer them the flexibility to work from home. We support and encourage self-isolation as an act of social engagement and care for our local community in the current pandemic situation. We have recently won a Stevie® Bronze award for our Achievements in Managing a Remote Workforce.
We are now looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Sales Manager to help with the management of our high-performing Field Sales team/Business Development team. This is a new position within the Sales team, and as a Sales Manager you will be reporting to the Global Growth Director of translate plus, playing a leading role in developing and implementing translate plus’ Sales strategy with a particular focus on external revenue streams (direct clients). Your role will have a highly visible presence within the organisation and, at times, you will also interact with stakeholders from our parent company, Publicis Groupe. As one of the largest media networks in the world, the Groupe enjoys a revered reputation within the advertising sphere attracting well-known international brands, which also aids the generation of external revenue streams, where we can build on translate plus’ 13 years of experience within the translation industry.
Your primary objectives:
- You will be responsible for generating new profitable lines of business for translate plus in line with our overall business and growth strategy.
- Your primary goal is to win new clients with the purpose of creating sustainable, long-term business relationships.
- You will achieve the above by:
- establishing and reinforcing translate plus’ position as the client’s strategic language partner of choice;
- by ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction;
- by presenting innovative, effective and compelling solutions to our clients’ and industry’s changing linguistic challenges.
Key responsibilities include:
- You will manage translate plus’ Business Development team.
- You will work closely with the following teams:
- Our Marketing team to support our sales efforts through new Marketing initiatives (new ideas for content creation, webinars, social media presence etc.) with the aim of raising brand and building pipelines for new leads that can be channelled to the sales team for further prospecting;
- Our Enquiries team to align on general and client-specific pricing strategies, quoting SLAs, pricing models for new services etc.;
- Our Account Management team who will take over account management duties after implementation;
- Our Technical Consultant who supports our Field Sales and Operations team with technical process integrations (new TMS, CMS integration etc.);
- Our Operations teams who handle the day-to-day project management as required.
What tasks would you perform in your role?
- Managerial: Conduct performance reviews and catch ups with staff to discuss monthly/quarterly/annual performance, large projects or new Sales opportunities
- Inter-departmental: Liaise with team members from other departments as outlined above
- Developmental: Identify training needs across the team, bring new ideas to the table, provide suggestions for improving or adjusting existing strategies and workflows
- Get involved in client tenders and pitches (respond to RFQs/RFIs/RFPs, develop engagement models, tailor responses and solutions, prepare compelling PowerPoint presentations)
- Provide mentoring and training to the team around new business initiatives as required (e.g. cold and warm calls, lead generation, rejection handling, adjustments to the individual’s sales strategy)
- Provide guidance on growing existing accounts if required (asking for referrals, branching out to new departments or organisations within a group)
- Negotiate contracts for new and existing clients (pricing, SLAs, KPIs, general wording) with support from the Publicis Groupe’s Legal team
- Provide support to the Sales team during the on-boarding of new customers, collaborating closely with other teams to guarantee successful implementation, including KPI monitoring, establishing milestone etc.
- Manage, monitor, and report on high priority activities to senior leadership (Director level at translate plus), including forecasting revenue streams, progress on business opportunities and conversion rates, implementation processes, new customer satisfaction etc.
- Performance towards annual personal targets as well as the team’s overall sales target
Skills and experience required for a Sales Manager:
- Relevant experience working in the language services industry in a similar role at managerial level
- Proven track record in selling B2B localisation services
- Good knowledge of the language services industry and emerging trends
- Strategic business acumen and analytical skills
- Solution-oriented mindset and the ability to operate within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience in responding to tenders and pitches
- Excellent outstanding written and verbal communication skills (English in particular)
- An equal love for, generating revenue, hitting personal and team targets and delivering an outstanding customer service
- Driven, self-motivated and an interest in moving things
- Bonus but not a must: Knowledge of a language other than English
What we offer:
- Career progression possibilities
- Training tailored to your needs by our in-house Training Officer
- Free Access to LinkedIn Learning which includes over 16,000+ online courses taught by real-world professionals
- Holiday increase
We also offer an extensive Employee Benefits Scheme, which includes:
- Christmas voucher
- Flu vaccine
- Summer gathering
- Christmas gathering
- Working from home
- Pizza day (in office)
- Team building events
- Friday drinks
- Office equipment allowance
- Breakfast, fruits, tea, coffee, cereal
- Team lunches
- Easter hamper
- Eye test (if required by employee)
- Life assurance and Income protection (disability benefit)
- Family friendly policies
In addition to the general benefits scheme we also offer a Service Recognition Plan, which means that with every year at translate plus there are additional rewards for employees such as extra holidays, dental insurance, bonus payments, treats & vouchers, etc.
If you can’t wait to become the next member of our successful team, please contact us now!