translate plus is a fast-growing, award-winning language services and technology company. Fully owned by the Publicis Groupe, translate plus sits within the cross-media production platform, which brings together specialist production expertise in video, digital media and print, producing and delivering brand content across all channels for top global brands.
In 2021, translate plus was ranked by leading industry analyst Common Sense Advisory as the world’s seventh-largest translation company, #3 in Europe and #2 in the UK.
At translate plus, we value the health and wellbeing of our employees and we offer them the flexibility to work from home. In 2021, translate plus won an award for “Great Employers” for achievements in “Managing a Remote Workforce”.
translate plus is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Localization Engineer.
The Localization Engineer is a key role that supports the technical aspect of a translation project – the preparation and conversion of translation files. The role is critical for the timely and quality delivery of projects to translate plus clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and converting files for translation using CAT (Computer-assisted translation) tools (e.g. SDL Studio, MemoQ, Transit)
- Troubleshooting and solving technical challenges relatedto translation projects, CAT tools, different types of files (Excel, Word, XML, JSON, etc)
- Investigating and exploring new technologies and techniques in order to improve translation workflows.
- Creating guides to document already existing processes for different types of projects depending on the client.
- Supporting Project Managers and Account Managers with translation software and file challenges based on their format.
Skills and Experience required for the File Engineer role:
- Good communications skills in English (spoken and written)
- Very good computer literacy – Excel, Word, Power Point, other applications are a plus
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Interest in technology and software applications
- Ability to quickly understand and get to grips with unfamiliar software
- Knowledge of CAT tools is an advantage
It would be a bonus but not a must if you have:
- Knowledge of XML, HTML
- Experience with e-learning software (e.g. Articulate storyline 2, 3, articulate 360/Rise)
- Knowledge of regular expressions
What we offer:
- Career development and progression possibilities
- High quality trainings (via inhouse and external trainers) and access to thousands of on-line/e-learning courses to develop essential, functional and industry skills (via Publicis Marcel, LinkedIn Learning, etc.)
- Access to worldwide job/gigs opportunities within the Publicis Groupe
- Work your world – As part of the Publicis Groupe policy, up to 6 weeks of working from a different country
- Café Marcel- Networking opportunities with fellow colleagues in the Publicis Groupe all around the world
- Paid leave days increase on yearly basis
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
We also offer an extensive Employee Benefits Scheme, which includes:
- Team building events
- Working from home
- Flexi hours
- Office equipment allowance
- Family friendly policies (extended maternity/paternity leaves, etc.)
- Breakfast, fruits, tea, coffee, cereal
- Team lunches
- Easter hamper
- Pizza day (in office)
- Flu vaccine
- Eye test (if required by employee)
- Friday drinks
- Summer gathering
- Christmas gathering
- Christmas gifts/vouchers
In addition to the general benefits scheme we also offer a Service Recognition Plan, which means that with every year at translate plus there are additional rewards for employees such as extra holidays, dental insurance, bonus payments, treats & vouchers, etc.
Do you want to work for a market-leading company?
If you cannot wait to become the next member of our successful team, please contact us now!
Please note that we normally receive a very large number of applications. We aim to get back to you as soon as possible should you be invited for an interview. If you are not invited for an interview at this stage, your application will be saved for future consideration – with your explicit permission and as per our GDPR-policy and/or related official regulations.