Linguistic Resources Assistant (Internship)(London (N1))
Unpaid Internship (3 months)
In 2018, translate plus was ranked by CSA Research as the fastest-growing language service provider in the world. We are part of Prodigious, Publicis Groupe’s cross-media production platform. Prodigious brings together specialist production expertise in video, digital and print, producing and delivering brand content across all channels for top global brands.
We are currently offering an unpaid internship in our Linguistic Resources department, which would be ideal for recent graduates who want to gain an insight into the translation industry. You will be working with our Linguistic Resources Manager assisting her with day to day linguistic resources tasks. You will learn how to screen applications, which will be very valuable for your own CV writing. You will also learn and understand which rates are the current norm for different language combinations and different subject matters, helping you to decide which area to specialise in.
This internship is therefore ideal for somebody who would like to set out as a freelance translator, but gain a bit more understanding of the industry first.
We are a global company and our UK offices are in central London (N1).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Assisting the Linguistic Resources Manager with:
- Screening applications from translators, interpreters and other language professionals
- Writing adverts for upcoming translation projects to be posted on websites such as proz.com or translatorscafe.com
- Setting up new language professionals on our internal database
- Negotiating terms and rates
- Analysing which language combinations require further sourcing
- Preparing/scoring/sending out written translation tests for new translators
Skills and experience required for Linguistic Resources Assistant role:
- Degree in Translation/Interpreting/Languages
- Computer literate (especially Excel, Word, Power Point, other applications are a bonus)
- Ability to multitask and to work to deadlines
- Good communications skills in English (spoken and written)
- The opportunity to gain experience in the fastest growing LSP in the world
- Training tailored to your needs
- Weekly fruit and drink deliveries and a monthly breakfast
- Game nights, team-building and parties