Junior .NET Developer (VB.NET, ASP.NET and SQL Server)(Sofia)
Do you want to work for a market-leading company?
In 2018, translate plus was ranked by leading industry analyst Common Sense Advisory as the fastest-growing language service provider in the world. We are part of Prodigious, Publicis Groupe’s cross-media production platform. Prodigious brings together specialist production expertise in video, digital and print, producing and delivering brand content across all channels for top global brands.
We are very proud to be part of this group and we are now recruiting to continue the growth of our company even further, by adding exciting new positions to our Bulgarian office. We are located in central Sofia (very close to the Mall of Sofia) and we support clients across Europe and also worldwide.
We are now looking for a Junior .NET Developer to join our local IT team!
This is a new Sofia-based role working closely with our IT department in Sofia and London. This position will report directly to the Software Development Manager (based in London) and is suitable for someone with one year’s relevant experience or a graduate. What we ask is that you are enthusiastic, passionate, and ready for a challenge. You will be given the training and support required to get you up to speed so that you can help the company to move forwards with its software development and maintenance of its current applications. You will be working in our Sofia office with 80 other members of staff from other departments. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a fast moving, successful company with big ambitions. Are you ready to be part of a great team?
About the role:
- Design, development and maintenance of the company’s bespoke internal and customer?facing systems
- Support software applications for the company
- Working with the operations and sales teams, you will be involved in all aspects of the development life cycle, from requirement gathering to development and implementation
Key skills & experience:
- One year’s programming experience in VB.NET and ASP.NET (ideally using Visual Studio 2017 or later).
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (ideally 2014)
- Experience of CMS (content management system) technology
- File engineering (such as manipulating XML structures)
- Experience of source code/revision control tools
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work independently without supervision and use your initiative to find solutions
- Excellent English
- A logical and methodical approach and strong trouble-shooting skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
It would be a bonus, but not a must, if you have the following criteria:
- C# experience
- Experience of WinForms development, VBA and Adobe applications
- Localisation industry experience
What we offer:
- Career progression possibilities
- Trainings tailored to your needs
- Holiday increase
- Weekly fruit and drinks deliveries and monthly breakfast
- Game nights, teambuilding and parties
If you can’t wait to become the next member of our successful team, please contact us now!
Please note that we receive a very large number of applications. We aim to get back to you as soon as possible should you be invited for an interview. If you are not invited for an interview at this stage, your application will be saved for the future. We apologise that we cannot e-mail you individually in that case.