Business Development Representative(Sofia)
translate plus is a fast-growing, award-winning language services and technology company. Fully owned by the Publicis Groupe, translate plus sits within the cross-media production platform, which brings together specialist production expertise in video, digital media and print, producing and delivering brand content across all channels for top global brands.
In 2021, translate plus was ranked by leading industry analyst Common Sense Advisory as the world’s seventh-largest translation company, #3 in Europe and #2 in the UK.
At translate plus, we value the health and wellbeing of our employees and we offer them the flexibility to work from home. In 2021, translate plus won an award for “Great Employers” for achievements in “Managing a Remote Workforce”.
translate plus is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Business Development Representative to join our Sales team. This role will require you to identify new external customers within the EMEA and North America primarily and nurture and grow the business relationship until the organisation is handed over to an Account Manager in line with our consultative sales approach. As one of the largest media networks in the world, Publicis Groupe enjoys a revered reputation within the advertising sphere, attracting well-known international brands, which also aids the generation of external revenue streams, where we can build on translate plus’ 13 years of experience within the translation industry.
Your primary objectives:
- You will be responsible for generating new, profitable lines of business for translate plus in line with our overall business and growth strategy to meet your revenue target.
- Your primary goal is to win new clients with the purpose of creating sustainable, long-term business relationships.
- You will achieve the above by:
- proactively generating new leads through a variety of media (lead generation tools, LinkedIn, webinars, tradeshows, cold and warm calls, up- and cross-selling);
- establishing and reinforcing translate plus’ position as the client’s strategic language partner of choice, guiding the customer through the sales funnel;
- ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction;
- presenting innovative, effective and compelling solutions to our clients’ and industry’s changing linguistic challenges.
Regular tasks include:
- Proactive outreaches via phone, e-mail and LinkedIn to prospective customers with the purpose to build and nurture relationships with key decision-makers across various business areas;
- Book 2-4 new business meetings per week;
- Prepare calls, meetings and e-mail templates in a succinct and qualitative manner to highlight translate plus’ service offering, demonstrating how we can effectively meet a client’s specific set of requirements; log activities in our database in line with GDPR;
- Conduct calls and meetings in a professional and service-oriented manner to discuss requirements in-depth, establish best practices and next steps; meetings can take place online or in-person depending on the ask and the wider environment (travel restrictions, vaccination status) etc.;
- Discussing costs and quoting decisions with prospects and customers;
- Upselling and cross-selling services from our portfolio of services and introducing our state-of-the-art technology solutions to streamline workflows whenever possible;
- Procure and get involved in client tenders and pitches (respond to RFQs/RFIs/RFPs, develop engagement models, tailor responses and solutions, prepare compelling PowerPoint presentations, client proposals etc.);
- Negotiate new client contracts (pricing, SLAs, KPIs, general wording) with support from the Publicis Groupe’s Legal team and the Sales Management team;
- Log, monitor and report on high priority activities to Sales Management, including forecasting revenue streams, progress on business opportunities and conversion rates, implementation processes, new customer satisfaction etc.
In this role, you will work closely with the following teams:
- Sales Management, i.e. the Senior Sales Manager and Global Growth Director to feed back on the business development efforts, revenue forecasting, objection handling and any other topics that would allow you to excel at this role;
- Our Marketing team to support our sales efforts through new Marketing initiatives (presentation design, case studies, references etc.);
- Our Enquiries team to align on general and client-specific pricing strategies, quoting SLAs, pricing models for new services etc.;
- Our Account Management team who will take over account management duties after implementation;
- Our Technical Consultant who supports our Field Sales and Operations team with technical process integrations (new TMS, CMS integration etc.);
- Our Operations teams who handle the day-to-day project management as required.
Skills and experience required for a Business Development Representative:
- Proven track record in selling B2B services (proactive outreaches, meetings, target adherence, consultative selling)
- Solution-oriented mindset and the ability to operate within a fast-paced environment pursuing multiple leads and conversations simultaneously
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English in particular)
- An equal love for generating revenue, hitting personal targets and delivering outstanding customer service
- Driven, self-motivated and an interest in moving things
It would be a bonus, but not a must, if you have one or more of the following criteria:
- Relevant experience working in the language services industry in a similar role
- Experience in responding to tenders and pitches
- Knowledge of a language other than English
What we offer:
- Career development and progression possibilities
- High quality trainings (via inhouse and external trainers) and access to thousands of on-line/e-learning courses to develop essential, functional and industry skills (via Publicis Marcel, LinkedIn Learning, etc.)
- Access to worldwide job/gigs opportunities within the Publicis Groupe
- Work your world – As part of the Publicis Groupe policy, up to 6 weeks of working from a different country
- Café Marcel– Networking opportunities with fellow colleagues in the Publicis Groupe all around the world
- Paid leave days increase on yearly basis
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
We also offer an extensive Employee Benefits Scheme, which includes:
- Team building events
- Working from home
- Flex hours
- Office equipment allowance
- Family friendly policies (extended maternity/paternity leaves etc)
- Breakfast, fruits, tea, coffee, cereal
- Team lunches
- Easter hamper
- Pizza day (in office)
- Flu vaccine
- Eye test (if required by employee)
- Friday drinks
- Summer gathering
- Christmas gathering
- Christmas gifts/vouchers
In addition to the general benefits scheme we also offer a Service Recognition Plan, which means that with every year at translate plus there are additional rewards for employees such as extra holidays, dental insurance, bonus payments, treats & vouchers, etc.
Do you want to work for a market-leading company?
If you can’t wait to become the next member of our successful team, please contact us now!
Please note that we normally receive a very large number of applications. We aim to get back to you as soon as possible should you be invited for an interview. If you are not invited for an interview at this stage, your application will be saved for future consideration – with your explicit permission and as per our GDPR-policy and/or related official regulations.