Business Development Manager (German/Danish speaking)(London)
translate plus is a fast-growing, award-winning language services and technology company. We are part of Prodigious, Publicis Groupe’s cross-media production platform. Prodigious brings together specialist production expertise in video, digital and print, producing and delivering brand content across all channels for top global brands.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive German or Danish speaking Business Development Manager to join our London (N1) sales department.
This is a London-based role, focusing on growing our brand. You will work by phone and if successful, you will quickly have the opportunity to develop into field sales with national and international travel. You will be supported by our marketing team and our existing sales team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Making telephone sales calls to new customers
- Providing an exceptional service over the phone and via e-mail, generating leads with new prospects and building relationships
- Identifying suitable buyers and new key accounts via professional platforms, research and trade shows
- Meeting potential customers face-to-face and setting up conference calls to discuss requirements in depth
- Maintaining an up to date record of activity on the database, setting follow up calls, meetings, conference calls and demos to drive the sales process and achieve sales targets
- Discussing costs and quoting decisions with prospects and customers
- Up-selling additional services and translate plus’ state-of-the art technology solutions to streamline work flows
- Preparing proposals and tender responses
- Assisting our marketing team in creating marketing campaigns
- General administrative tasks
Skills and experience required for Business Development Manager:
- Strong oral and written English skills
- Excellent language skills in German or Danish
- Proven experience of working in a B2B sales environment
- Proven cold calling experience
- Consultative selling experience
- Meeting and presentation experience
- The ability to meet sales targets
- Enjoying making money!
- Excellent computer literacy
- Taking pride in delivering a high-quality service
- Hard-working, self-motivated and an interest in career progression
It would be a bonus, but not a must, if you have one or more of the following criteria:
- Experience from a similar role
- Experience from within the language sector
Basic salary listed in ad plus uncapped commission, OTE £45,000 – £70,000+.
Working for a fast-growing and very ambitious company, there will be tailored training and no end to your career progression possibilities. If you can’t wait to become the next member of our successful team, please contact us now. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!