Unsure about how to localise your online product database? Thinking about buying a Content Management System, but wondering how it will support 30+ languages? Need to create a Hebrew RoboHelp project? Or simply want to know whether you need Simplified or Traditional Chinese?
At translate plus we're language experts, and we make our in-depth knowledge of cultural and linguistic matters available via our language consultancy service. Your requirements won't be the same as anyone else's, so let us know what advice you need and one of our consultants will be in touch to discuss your options and if desired, create a tailor-made solution.
Some of the consultancy services we are regularly asked to provide include:
- Globalisation Auditing. We can assess the current state of your organisation's global and local strategy and provide an in-depth report containing recommendations to increase your revenue, make your localisation processes more efficient and save you money.
- Concept Testing. We provide structured feedback on proposed product names, slogans and straplines to ensure your organisation uses the most suitable local-language versions for your intended markets.
- Language Technology. We can help you understand whether a particular technology, such as machine translation or author memory, is the right choice for your circumstances – we "demystify" the language technology on the market and show what it really does.
- Cultural Suitability. We advise on the appropriateness and implications (e.g. political, social, ethnic or gender-specific) of text or imagery proposed for use.
- Language Specifics. Obtain expert information on regional variations (e.g. European and Brazilian Portuguese), writing systems (e.g. Katakana, Hiragana, Kanji and Romaji for Japanese) and multilingual font support.